A great lunchbox or after school snack for kids and adults! Adapted from Parents magazine. Cook time is freezing time. Enjoy!
- In a medium-size bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, apple juice, jelly and cinnamon.
- Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until nice and smooth.
- Spread 2-1/2 tablespoons mixture over flat side of one cookie. Sandwich with flat side of second cookie, being careful not to let filling ooze out the side. Repeat with all cookies and filling, for a total of 8 sandwiches. Place on a waxed-paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Combine chocolate and vegetable oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until smooth, returning to microwave in 15-second increments, if needed. Or do in small saucepan on stovetop, watching carefully till melted.
- Remove sandwiches from freezer. Half-dip in chocolate. Return to waxed-paper-lined sheet; return sheet to freezer. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Serve cold. Enjoy!
Delicious and easy treat. I made a few of these up for my kids and they have practically wiped them out already! I used applesauce in place of jam and the juice option (cider actually. Very tasty and fun! I will make these again as a treat since the kids enjoyed them so much! Thanks for psoting - **Made for Aussie Tag Feb 2008** UPDATE- made a half batch and realize maybe I make my filling too thick as I never paid attention to how much to add to each! I also tried rolling edges in chips this time -will post a pic this way too. Used the milk option this time and applesauce. YUM!
I used chocolate chips cookies as that was all I had on hand, these might last 1 hour in my house if I am lucky, soooo good, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)