Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I can't wait to try this recipe from Betty Crocker!
- 1 (18 ounce) boxwhite angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate covered english toffee-flavored candy bars
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired
- Move oven rack to lowest position (remove other racks). Heat oven to 350°F.
- In extra large glass or metal bowl, beat cake mix and water with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan. (Do not use fluted tube cake pan or 9-inch angel food pan or batter will overflow.).
- Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not underbake.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle until cake is completely cool, about 2 hours. Run knife around edges of cake; remove from pan.
- Crush or finely chop candy bars; reserve 1/3 cup. Fold remaining crushed candy into whipped topping.
- Tear cake into about 1-inch pieces. In large bowl, mix cake pieces and whipped topping mixture. In ungreased 13x9 inch pan, lightly press cake mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crushed candy.
- Freeze dessert about 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into squares or spoon into dessert dishes. Dust plates with cocoa powder.
- Store covered in freezer.