Recipe by Chris Reynolds
I found this recipe in Light & Tasty Taste of Home. Preparation time does not include freezing.
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine almonds and butter. Press into the bottom of 12 paper or foil lined muffin cups. Cover and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved completely; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk and almond extract. Stir in the gelatin mixture.
- Spoon into the muffin cups on top of the almond crust; freeze until firm.
- 10 minutes before serving, remove from freezer.
- Place sauce ingredients in the blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Spoon onto dessert plates. Peel liners off desserts; invert onto peach sauce.