Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pronounced 'froo-toh-sah-LAH-tah' in Greek, this recipe combines a handful of favorite fruits for a summertime treat! Served with a favorite cheese, it makes for a refreshing end-of-meal dessert or for a wonderful mid-day snack!
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 granny smith apple
- 2 Anjou pears
- 3 nectarines
- 3 bananas
- 4 kiwi fruits (firm)
- 4 oranges, juice of
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Wash apples & pears [& peel, if desired], then core & cut into fairly small pieces, & place in large salad bowl.
- Peel nectarines, bananas & kiwi fruits & cut into fairly small pieces, as well, & add to other fruit pieces.
- Mix orange Juice & honey & pour over fruit, then toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Delightful! It is winter here, but I bet this would be fabulous in summer! I didn't have nectarines on hand and left out the bananas because of personal preference. Made for ZWT6.
Yummy. I liked the orange juice in this! I used gala apples like other reviewers, a red kind of pear, no nectarine so I threw in some fresh blueberries, and the rest of the fruit. I used local unpasteurised (raw) honey to be healthy. Made for ZWT6 Greece/Cyprus region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
Boy Syd this is delcious! I used a Gala apple in place of the golden delicious and added one peach to the mix too. I think next time I make this I'm going to omit the banana as I found that leftovers all taste like banana. Loved the lightness of the juice and honey as a dressing. Tagged in Gimme 5 game!!