Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lighter than hot chocolate with the added depth of spices!
- 6 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Whisk 1 cup of the milk with the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the milk in a heavy pot.
- When hot, but not boiling, whisk in the cocoa mixture.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat& simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute.
- Whisk (or froth with a cappucino frother) just before serving.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
This was rich and creamy and did have a wonderful depth of flavor! I didn't have cardamon but I plan on getting some and trying this again. I loved it!!!!! Thank you!
This was truly wonderful cocoa. I loved it. The spices were perfect and blendedf beautifully with the chocolate. The flavor was out of this world. I will make this treasure again and again. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Comfort Cafe-Chalet 01/10 :)
Great, thick and rich cup of cocoa! The cardamom made this for me. I love the flavor of it. I used Splenda for the sweetener. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.