Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Rich enough to be a dessert. This is so rich that you could cut the sugar in half or out and it will still taste great. I used half whipping cream and half skim milk. The orange rind gives it a nice subtle flavor. Makes 2 drinks. Recipe can be halved or doubled.
Top Review by Sharon123
Yummy drink that frothed up nicely! I lightened it up by using only 1/4 cup brown sugar, dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet and using milk instead of cream. I also used decaf coffee but don't think that lightened it up any. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- orange rind (2-inch x 1/4-inch strip)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup hot strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup warmed half-and-half
- orange rind (to garnish)
- cinnamon stick (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, chocolate, orange rind, cinnamon and allspice in blender. Whirl until finely chopped.
- Add coffee to blender. Whirl for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and chocolate is melted, scraping down side if needed.
- Pour into saucepan; Gently heat.
- Combine in blender with warmed half-and-half; Whirl until frothy. Strain; discard solids.
- Serve in cappuccino cups. Garnish with orange rind and cinnamon sticks, and chocolate covered coffee beans, if you wish.