Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the 2009 cookbook, Cool Drinks for Hot Days. Preparation time does not include the time needed to brew the coffee.
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 ounces espresso coffee, freshly-brewed
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, combine ice, milk, coffee & sugar & process for about 30 seconds, until frothy & slushy.
- Pour into a tall glass & top with the ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
Yum, Syd, this is perfect! Great on a warm day! I feel refreshed and energized! I also blended my ice cream into the drink, and just loved the richness of it! Thanks so much for sharing!
Made this as a pick-me-up after getting home from a day of travel. Was very tastey and the amount of espresso was perfect! I added the ice cream to the blender and mixed it in rather than leaving the scoop in the drink. Made for PRMR.
Very smooth & creamy drink. I used vanilla bean ice cream and we devoured it.