Recipe by Scoutie
Very quick and refreshing and very yummy! We have even served this as a dessert/after dinner drink. Can also add a shot of any liqueor you like for the adults. This is from Everyday Italian on Food Network.
Top Review by Merlot
Oh my!!!!!! This is absolutely wonderful. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. This will be fun to experiment with using different liqueors, etc. Thanks for sharing this winner, Scout.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup gourmet hot chocolate powder (recommended ( Marie Belle)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 pint low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-low heat. Add the hot chocolate mix and espresso powder. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk.
- Place the frozen yogurt and vanilla in a blender. Pour the chocolate mixture into the blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour the shake into 4 (8-ounce) frosted glasses and serve immediately.