Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty treats the adults will enjoy as much as the kids! Also a great recipe for kids to try out on their own.
- 1 pint strawberry, stemmed
- 1 (5 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate or 3 tablespoons cranberry juice concentrate or 3 tablespoons pineapple juice concentrate
- In blender, blend all ingredients about 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour into eight 3-ounce, wax-coated paper cups. (Like Dixie Cups).
- Place in shallow pan and insert a wooden popsicle stick or plastic spoon into the center of each.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- After pops are frozen, they can be transferred to a reclosable plastic bag for freezer storage.
- To release pops from cups, dip briefly into hot water up to rim of cup.
These were so easy to make and the kids just loved them. They do need something to sweeten them a little. I may add a ripe banana or some applesauce next time. I made these for ZWT 07
We made these as posted. They definitely weren't sweet enough for our tastes. Tom wants to sub out the evaporated milk for sweetened condensed milk, but that takes all the "healthy" out of it, so I think we'll try some splenda next time. Thanks for a great idea!
Made these up with the kids using pineapple concentrate. We loved them!