Recipe by nomnom
Came up with this off the cuff. Closest thing to a chai coffee. I like the Ovaltine because if contains nutrients and has a nice flavor. Feel free to tweak with the spices and even add milk, if so inclined! :)
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This was tasty, but the cinnamon was a little too strong for me. I think next time, I will use just a dash like the other spices. Very nice drink for sitting on the patio and relaxing :)
- 1 (7/8 ounce) packet instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant malted chocolate milk powder (Ovaltine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -2 pinch allspice
- 1 -2 pinch ginger
- sugar, to taste (optional)
- 5 -6 ice cubes (or more, if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave water for about 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Empty packet contents into water and swirl to mix.
- Pop in fridge and cool for at least a half hour.
- Pour into blender; add Ovaltine, spice, and sweetener, if using.
- Pulse a bit to mix.
- Add ice cubes and mix.
- Pour and enjoy!