Recipe by Annacia
Edible glitter makes a batch of these classic cookies into a colorful rainbow. Look for edible glitter in specialty shops or purchase it through mail-order houses.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine, heart healthy-non hydorgenized
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (use-Homemade Powdered Sugar With Splenda and Glazes for this)
- edible glitter (green, pink, and purple) or colored crystal sugar (green, pink, and purple)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl beat margarine and applesauce with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Mix the 1/3 cup of Splenda with the 2 1/4 cups flour.
- Beat 1/4 cup of the flour mixture into the margarine.
- Add and beat in water and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the chopped pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven 20 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- In each of three bowls place 1/3 cup of the sifted powdered sugar. Add a different color of edible glitter or colored sugar to each bowl. Gently roll and shake cooled cookies in desired powdered sugar mixture.