Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Sugar-free lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage can be used in this recipe. For quick iced tea beverages, keep a batch of this slush on hand in the freezer throughout the summer months. Plan ahead, this needs to chill.
- 4 cups water
- 1 slice gingerroot
- 3 tea bags
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen raspberry concentrate, thawed
- 10 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- In 1 quart glass jar, combine water, gingerroot and tea bags. Cover; set in sunny location for 2 to 3 hours or until tea is extracted.
- Remove tea bags and gingerroot; discard. In 2 quart nonmetal freezer container, combine tea, concentrate, and 2 cups of the carbonated beverage. Cover container; freeze at least 8 hours or until icy, stirring twice.
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup frozen tea mixture into each glass. Add scant 1/2 cup chilled carbonated beverage to each glass; stir gently.