Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but it looks like a great Summer dessert for pumpkin fans! Prep time does not include time to bake the crust or to freeze pie.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or 1 quart soy ice cream, softened
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, and spices with a rotary beater.
- Blend in ice cream.
- Pour into pie shell; freeze until firm.
- Serve frozen, garnished with whipped cream if desired.
- Note: This pie can be dairy-free if a non-dairy crust and soy ice cream are used!
My 2 pumpkin pie lovers Absolutly loved this! I tripled the recipe. Made it in my vita mix. Used Breyers carb smart ice cream made with splenda. It has 4 grams net carbs and only 1 cup of sugar but tripled everything else. I skipped the crust put it in a pie pan and the rest I put into a freezer storage bag.