Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A twist to an all time favorite. A make-a-head treat. ***Note*** Great for OAMC. This recipe is easily doubled and freezes well. If properly wrapped this will keep 6-8 weeks in the freezer.
1 9 inch gramham cracker crust
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs (22 squares)
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin or 236.59 ml mashed cooked pumpkin
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 946.0 ml vanilla ice cream
- 78.07 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 59.16 ml caramel topping (optional)
- Cool Whip (optional)
- To prepare crust:.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar.Reserve about 3/4 cup of this mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly into buttered 9 inch pie plate. Chill 45 minutes before filling.
- To prepare filling:.
- Mix together the pumpkin, brown sugar, salt and spices. Stir ice cream to soften; then fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Combine reserved graham cracker crumbs with chopped nuts; sprinkle nut mixture over pie filling and freeze until needed.
- When ready to serve add additional toppings carmel and whipped topping.