Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in my new Kraft food&family magazine. It looks really good and I hope to try it soon. Cook time is the time it takes to chill.
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejell-o brand orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Dissolve 1 package Jell-O Orange gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.
- Gradually add 2 cups softened vanilla ice cream, stirring with wire whisk until well blended.
- Spoon evenly into 4 dessert cups; refrigerate 20 minutes or until chilled.
I liked this a lot. I might try makling it with orange sherbet for more orange flavor. Very nice.
I'm not sure what to make of this. I thought it was just ok. I think maybe I'd like to add some mandarin oranges to it. The flavor reminded me of a dreamsicle. Very creamy. I might make it again and add some oranges to it, just to give it a little something more for texture and flavor. Not bad, just not what I expected. Thank's!
This was VERY easy. Light tasting and delicious. I used sugar free orange jello and slow-churned vanilla ice cream. It is more firm that I expected - almost jello jiggler-firm. I guess I expected it to be more mousse-like. I think next time I make it I will fold in a cup or two of the vanilla flavored cool whip. That would make it perfect!