Recipe by Wildflour
This is such a wonderful, refreshing drink in the summer! Double the recipe for punch! :)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
OK, so it's a nice refreshing drink in the summertime, but guess what ~ It's a great refreshing drink in the wintertime, too, especially if you just can't wait to try it!! I'll definitely be keeping this recipe around ~ The sherbet, along with the OJ & lemon juice, makes for a great combination! [Made & reviewed as a bonus tag in AUS/NZ Recipe Swap, Mar 08]
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice concentrate, I use ReaLemon brand in the bottle
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ginger ale, chilled
- Orange sherbet
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh orange slice
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-3 quart pitcher, combine water, orange juice con., lemon juice con., and sugar.
- Stir til sugar dissolves.
- Just before serving, add ginger ale.
- Scoop sherbet into glasses, pour in juice mixture.
- Garnish the edge of the glass with another scoop of sherbet, and an orange slice.
- Garnish top with a sprig of fresh mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 quarts.
- *Champagne can be substituted for the ginger ale, too! ;).