Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Nice to serve at parties- bite sized and delicious. Found this on the internet.
- 18 frozen miniature tart shells
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- green food coloring
- whipped cream
- lime peel, curls
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions; let cool completely on wire racks.
- For filling:.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in whipping cream, lime peel, and lime juice.
- Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 1 minute or until thickened and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, butter, and enough food colouring to make the mixture pale green.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon into shells.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, spoon whipped cream onto center of each tartlet, and top with a curl of lime peel.