Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandma strikes again with another great dessert from her recipe box. I hope you enjoy it as much as we always do.
- Mix Bisquick, 2 Tbs sugar and 3 Tbs butter until crumbly. Press 1/2 of the mixture into an ungreased 9x9" pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Spread other 1/2 of mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 6 minutes or until light brown.
- In a 2 quart saucepan beat egg yolks with a fork. Stir in 1 Tbs sugar, lemon peel & juice. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until thick. Cool.
- Beat whites until foamy. Beat in 1/2 c sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until foamy, stiff and glossy. Do not under beat.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until stiff.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into the lemon mixture. Spread over crust layer in pan. Top with baked crumbs.
- Freeze in pan until firm (4 hours) Thaw slightly before serving.