My grandma strikes again with another great dessert from her recipe box. I hope you enjoy it as much as we always do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix Bisquick, 2 Tbs sugar and 3 Tbs butter until crumbly. Press 1/2 of the mixture into an ungreased 9x9" pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until light brown.
- 2Spread other 1/2 of mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 6 minutes or until light brown.
- 3In a 2 quart saucepan beat egg yolks with a fork. Stir in 1 Tbs sugar, lemon peel & juice. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until thick. Cool.
- 4Beat whites until foamy. Beat in 1/2 c sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until foamy, stiff and glossy. Do not under beat.
- 5Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl until stiff.
- 6Fold egg whites and whipped cream into the lemon mixture. Spread over crust layer in pan. Top with baked crumbs.
- 7Freeze in pan until firm (4 hours) Thaw slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosty Lemon Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 236.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g