Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cold summer treat.
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- Crust; In a small bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
- Pat 1/2 of mixture into the bottom of an 8" x 8" baking pan. Set aside .
- Chill evaporated milk can in freezer until soft ice crystals form through the milk ( about 15- 20 minutes ). Remove from freezer and place milk in a small bowl, whip until stiff peaks form ( about 1 minute ). Add lemon juice and whip again ( about 2 minutes ).
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt until thick and creamy ( about 5 minutes ). Fold in whipped milk mixture and grated rind.
- Spoon filling mixture over crust in pan, Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over filling. Freeze until firm - 4 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve cold.