Recipe by ReeLani
Great for a Fall treat! This is a fairly simple recipe and everyone who tried it thought it was fantastic (except of course for those who don't like pumpkin!). Cook time is freezing time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (approx 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (approx 18 cookies)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the melted butter and crushed graham crackers and gingersnaps.
- Press half of the crumb mixture in an ungreased 9x13" baking dish or pan.
- In a bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg, and then add nuts.
- Gently fold the pumpkin mixture into the softened ice cream.
- Spread over the crumb mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle the other half of the crumb mixture over the top.
- Return to the freezer for several hours.
- Let sit out about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.