Recipe by 123imback
This recipe is from a special issue of David Rosegartens report. He received the James Beard Award in 2003 as the best Food & Wine Newsletter in America. Oh is it smooth
- schweppes tonic water, to create 4 ice cubes (See note below.)
- 3 ounces gin
- 4 ounces tonic water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 lime wedge, for garnich
Directions See How It's Made
- Take your Schweppes Tonic Water and pour it into an ice cube tray. A few hours later, your tonic ice cubes will provide you with the lightest tasting most integrated G&T you can imagine-with no watery melt down.
- Place the ice cubes in a tall narrow chilled glass (the cubes should come near the top) Add the Gin, then the Tonic Water then the lime juice stirring well. White Dinner Jacket is optional. Note to make the ice cubes, simply fill an empty ice cube tray with Schweppes Tonic Water and let the cubes freeze. Covered Well, the ice cubes will remain fresh tasting in the freezer for week.