Recipe by :)Shirl(:
This is delecious, kept cool by floating a pint of vanilla ice cream. You can add the alcohol of your choice, but we make it virgin so the kids can drink it too.
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 pint half-and-half
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl with mixer at high speed beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In small bowl with mixer at medium-low speed beat egg yolks and corn syrup about 5 minutes until thick and lemon colored.
- Add half and half beat until well mixed.
- Fold into egg white mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to use place vanill ice cream, in one piece, in punch bowl, pour eggnog over.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.