Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom makes these every Christmas. They are really delicious and so pretty too, like they have snow sprinkled on top. Hence the name, "Frosty" :) These can be thrown together in about 30 minutes and keep in an airtight container for about 1-2 weeks.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar, for rolling
- Cream butter and 1/3 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in water, vanilla, flour, salt, dates, and walnuts.
- Roll into balls a little larger than the size of walnuts and bake on an ungreased baking sheet 2 1/2 inches apart at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes (Till soft but NOT brown.).
- While warm, roll in powdered sugar OR sift powdered sugar over warm cookies.
- *NOTE: Serving size is approximate!