Recipe by God's_sugarcookie
My mom makes these every Christmas. They are really delicious and so pretty too, like they have snow sprinkled on top. Hence the name, "Frosty" :) These can be thrown together in about 30 minutes and keep in an airtight container for about 1-2 weeks.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and 1/3 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in water, vanilla, flour, salt, dates, and walnuts.
- Roll into balls a little larger than the size of walnuts and bake on an ungreased baking sheet 2 1/2 inches apart at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes (Till soft but NOT brown.).
- While warm, roll in powdered sugar OR sift powdered sugar over warm cookies.
- *NOTE: Serving size is approximate!