Recipe by MarieRynr
A chocoholic's dream. Layers of butter cookies, rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter, drizzled with even more chocolate...who can resist!
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer (about 30)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- chocolate syrup, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Firmly press 3/4 cup in the bottom of prepared loaf pan. Cover and freeze, setting aside the remaining crumb mixture for later.
- Combine 1 cup chocolate syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool. Cover and chill thoroughly. Beat 1 1/2 cups whipped cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide chocolate mixture in half, spooninghalf of it over the prepared crust; cover and freeze 1 hour. Cover and chill remaining chocolate mixture.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add 3/4 cup of the icing sugar, beating well. Add peanut butter and milk, beating well. Whip remaining whipped cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture; spoon over frozen chocolate mixture. Freeze 1 hour.
- Spoon remaining chilled chocolate mixture over frozen peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
- let stand 10 minutes before serving. Invert onto large serving platter. Remove and discard foil. Serve drizzled with chocolate syrup.