Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in my 2006 Best of Country Cooking cookbook. Something cute and easy for the kids to do.
- 8 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 4 scoops raspberry-orange sherbet (or flavor of your choice)
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 pieces shoestring red licorice (about 2-inch each)
- 2 miniature marshmallows
- 1 red-hot candies (or similar candy)
- 8 assorted colored dots decorative candies
- 3 gummy worms
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs on serving platter. Arrange sherbert scoops in a zigzag pattern over crumbs, forming a caterpillar.
- For eyes, press chocolate chips into the first scoop.
- Using a toothpick, make two small holes above eyes.
- For antennae, insert the end of a licorice piece ino each marshmallow; insert the other end of licorice in the holes.
- Add red hot for nose.
- Press Dots onto the back of the caterpillar.
- Garnish with gummy worms.
- Serve immediately or cover lightly with plactic wrap and keep in freezer.
I made this for my nephew with his help and he was IN LOVE!!! We had the best time making it and he's only 2. Thanks Po for a really cute recipe that tastes great too.
Adorable! My daughter loved this!! Easy to assemble!!