Recipe by looneytunesfan
This frothy frosty beverage is positively delicious for breakfast, mid-afternoon snack or after-dinner dessert. TIP: Put the ice-cream topping in a squeeze bottle, take the cap off and microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to drizzle.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
I originally came across this recipe in my Taste of Home Cooking For 2 Magazine 2006. I found I needed to add a bit more of the caramel topping, so I added 4 Tbsp plus the 2 tsp. I also added 3 tsp of the instant coffee, and 8 ice cubes. This made 4-1/2 cups. This is one beverage I look forward to making often. I think others will enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, divided plus
- 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 8 -10 ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream, in a can
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the half-and-half, milk, 3 tablespoons caramel topping, coffee and ice cubes; cover and process until smooth. Pour into two chilled glasses. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Serve immediately.