Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
family favourite fluffy frosting..
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crisco white vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine milk and cornstarch and cook over med.
- heat until thick.
- Remove and cool thoroughly.
- Combine, butter and crisco and beat until creamy and blended four minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla, lemon, and beat for five minutes or more until no sugar is felt between the finger tips.
- Add cold cornstarch/milk mixture and continue beating for 5 more minutes.
- Overall beating should take about 12 minutes-- Fill and frost cake--.
- Melt two squares Bakers White Chocolate and cool slightly, then add at the same time as the milk/flour mixture.
- Melt two squares of semi-sweet chocolate and cool slightly and add to the mixture same time as the flour/milk cooled mix. Leave out the lemon if using the dark semi-sweet chocolate.