Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is in response to a request. It is the frosting for White Velvet Cutout Cookies. It is from the Taste of Home magazine.
- 828.06 ml confectioners' sugar, divided
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 14.79 ml vegetable shortening
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 44.37-59.16 ml whole milk, divided
- food coloring or food coloring, pastes
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add enough remaining milk and food coloring until frosting reaches desired color and consistency.
- •food coloring pastes are much stronger than regular food coloring--a little food coloring paste goes a long way and it also doesn't thin out your frosting like regular food coloring can.