Recipe by grandma2969
this is a version I found in a Duncan Hines cookbook..wanted to put it here for safe keeping...
Top Review by Miss Hannah
I have been asked to make my daughters wedding cake, so I have been trying different frostings. This is the winner! It stood up against the best bakery frosting in a side by side taste test. Thank you for sharing.
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- combine powdered sugar, shortening, 1/2 cup water, non dairy powdered creamer, vanilla extract and salt in large bowl.Beat at medium speed with elecric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Beat at high speed for 5 minutes.add more powdered sugar to thicken or water to thin frosting as needed.
- Frost cake reserving some frosting to decorate as desired with decorating set.
- Garnish with non toxic flowers or wedding decorations.