Recipe by Chef m2little#400842
Recipe from "The Renal Patient's Guide To Good Eating" by Judith A. Curtis
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄16 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 unsalted crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini into 3/4 inch slices.
- Arrange slices in single layer in a vegetable steamer.
- Cover and steam over boiling water until barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, cool and blot dry.
- Mix mayonnaise, minced green onion, Paramesan, oregano, garlic and pepper.
- Frost 1 side of each zucchini slice with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Crush crackers to make 1/4 cup then dip top of each zucchini slice in cracker crumbs.
- Place on a cookie sheet, top side up.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat until lightly browned, about 3 to 6 minutes.
- Makes about 24.