Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very cool refreshing Summer drink
Make and share this Frosted Watermelon Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small watermelon
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine (I like reisling)
- 1 ice cube
- melon ball
- cherries, with stems (optional)
- lemon slices (optional) or orange slice (optional)
- mint sprig (optional)
- Slice watermelon across longways and remove seeds.
- Take out about a dozen or so melon balls (use a melon baller or if you don't have one cut out cubes) Scoop out the rest of the flesh leaving a 1" shell.
- Mash the flesh (except balls) or process in your food processor.
- Add lemon juice& apple juice.
- Chill shell and juice mixture separately.
- When ready to serve set the watermelon shell on the table (cut a thin slice from the bottom to get it to sit properly) fill with the processed juice add the bottle of wine and decorate with the balls, cherries, mint sprigs Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes with a melon ball, citrus slice or cherry and a sprig of mint.