Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my Great Grandma's recipe and one of my all-time faves! It's a great summer cookie too because you don't have to heat up the house w/the oven. If it's humid, the dough may need to chill first (should NOT be runny).
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 ounces baking chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add vanilla and then eggs (one at a time).
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add flour. Dough should be thick.
- Heat waffle iron and grease with shortening.
- Drop dough (teaspoon works well) and cook until firm. Each iron is different, but mine takes about 1 minute.
- Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting:.
- Combine chips and cream in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave 30 sec. intervals (stir in between) until combined.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until desired consistency. Increase the amount if you'd like it thicker.
- Spread over cooled waffle bites.