Frosted Sugar-'n'-Spice Cookies
- Stir together the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat butter and next 3 ingredients at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add cream cheese, orange zest, and vanilla; beat until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beat at low speed until blended.
- Divide dough in half, shaping into 2 flattened disks. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place one dough disk on a floured surface. Roll into 1/4 inch thickness; cut with 4-inch star shaped cutter (or your choice of cutter). Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- To make the frosting: Beat 1/4 cup butter, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons milk at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and milk.
- Spread cookies with a thin layer of Frosting and top with sprinkles.