Recipe by Cupcake-Princess
I got this yummy sugar cookie recipe from a local magazine. I like them because there not to sweet. They are perfect frosted with my vanilla butter frosting recipe. You can use many different cookie cutters to make fun seasonal cookies all year long.
Top Review by Brittney_B
this sugar cookie recipe is great! i used it to make star shaped cookies which i pinned onto a foam cone with truffles to make an edible truffle, cookie Christmas tree. With soft centers and crispy tips these cookies went down a treat. i will definitely be using this recipe again to make all of my cutout cookies. thanks cupcake-princess!
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cookies: In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. On low speed gradually add flour mixture and mix just until blended. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking sheets. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut dough into shapes with desired cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling racks to cool completley.
- For frosting: In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed cream butter until smooth. On low speed gradually add powdered sugar alternating with milk, adding more milk if needed, until at desired consistency.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Spread or pipe frosting on cooled cookies.