Recipe by lil pilgrim
This recipe makes a jelly roll pan or two 9" x 13" pans. It's perfect to take to a bigger gathering or make one pan to keep and another to share!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling, DIVIDED
- 8 ounces strawberry cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cake ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into a greased & floured jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely and frost.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until well-mixed. Add the powdered sugar and the pie filling and mix well. Spread on cooled bars. It's really pretty to top each piece with a strawberry before serving!