Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Buttery shortbread-style cut-out cookies with creamy flavored frosting. These cookies are very delicate and break easily.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extract (any flavor)
- food coloring
- Cream butter, suagar, vanilla. Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Stir well and form into disk.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick and cut out in favorite shapes.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Transfer on rack until cool.
- Combine cream chees, butter, powdered sugar, milk and extract and mix well until very smooth. Adjust to desired consistency with additional milk or powdered sugar. Tint to desired shades. Store in tighly covered containers.
If is one of our favorites never last long in the house. They turn out perfect every time.Thanks for the great recipe!