Recipe by Rodeocowgirl
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Because I'm such a fan of raisins, I did add another 1/2 cup of 'em to this recipe, but otherwise followed it right on down! Well, I did only cut the entire batch into 24 bars, but other than that . . . Wonderfully delicious, & although I wasn't going to include the icing, I did, & that thin drizzle was just enough more sweetness to make it special! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups ralston tasteeos cereal, crushed to 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- in a large bowl cream butter and sugars.
- stir in egg and vanilla.
- in medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- stir into creamed mixture.
- gradually add cereal and raisings. stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. spread evenly in bottom of pan.
- bake 15-20 min or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- in a smalll bowl combine confectioners sugar and milk.
- drizzle over top.
- cut into squares.
- makes 48 squares.