aka Coffee Raisin Bars. A good "olde" recipe from the 50's. Posted in answer to a request. We've been enjoying these for years. One of those old-fashioned cookie bars people always like. Not elegant or gorgeous but just plain good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coffee (weak or strong) or 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening or 1/3 cup oleo
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Combine the liquid ingredients in pot, Bring to boil, boil 5 minutes, then let cool.
- 2Combine the dry ingredients.
- 3Mix dry ingredients with cooled ingredients.
- 4Spread in greased floured 11 x 15 pan.
- 5If batter is too thick, thin with sherry or rum or water before spreading.
- 6Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes approximately
- 7Spread frosting on warm cake.
- 8I think you could adjust any of the spices to your own taste, but we liked it as is.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Raisin Bars
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 109.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g