1/5 Photos of Frosted Pumpkin-Walnut Cookies
This is my adopted recipe.I have made these now and if you like pumpkin and walnuts you will like these. The original recipe didn't have any nuts in the ingredient list so I tried 1 cup and that seemed to be fine. No milk was listed so I used about 1 tablespoon in the icing. She/He also had 84 as the amount, I only got 58 cookies. Even DH, the picky one, enjoyed them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, firmly
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml pumpkin
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1Cream butter; gradually add brown sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 3Stir in pumpkin and vanilla.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- 5Gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- 6Stir in walnuts.
- 7Chill for at least 1 hour or until ready to bake.
- 8Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. I used a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop and got 58 cookies.
- 9Bake at 375F for 11-12 minutes.
- 10Cool on wire racks.
- 11Frost with Maple Frosting.
- 12(Maple Frosting).
- 13Cream butter; gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- 14Add remaining sugar alternately with milk, beating until smooth enough to spread.You may need to add a bit more milk.
- 15Add maple extract, and beat well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Pumpkin-Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 64.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g