Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are the tastiest pumpkin bars I have ever had. I make mine with the gingersnap crust and the whole family loves them, even the daughter that swears she doesn't like pumpkin. Yummy!
- 2 cups graham crackers or 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar, plus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix crumbs, butter and 1/4 sugar until well combined.
- Spread mixture into 15x11-inch pan.
- Using a measuring cup with a flat bottom, smooth mixture to form and even crust.
- Bake crust until fragrant, about 6 minutes, let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, remaining sugar, pumpkin puree and oil; stir in flour mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread pumpkin mixture evenly over the cooled crust in pan.
- Bake until filling pulls away from the pan, 25-30 min; let cool completely in pan.
- Frost the top of the cooled bars with cream cheese frosting.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Well, put me in the same catagory as your daughter, because ... I "supposedly" don't like pumpkin either (I won't even LOOK at a pumpkin pie). But we had pumpkins left over from Halloween, so we cut them up, roasted them & made HOMEMADE pumpkin puree that I used in this recipe -- even after being frozen for a few months!) I didn't have any ginger snaps, so I used graham crakers. Plus, I forgot to let the crust cool before I put in the pumpkin batter & had to let it cook about 5 minutes longer than the directions (it looked WAY TOO "jiggly" for me, but I've never fixed a pumpkin pie ... maybe that's how it is SUPPOSED to look??)& just used a packaged vanilla Jiffy frosting to cover it. So, I did make a FEW changes ... but the RESULTS WERE AMAZING!!! I didn't even let it completely cool before I HAD to cut into it! I am using every bit of self-restraint that I have to keep from gobbling up the entire thing right now ... before my dd gets home from school & has a chance to tasted it!! LOL
These pumpkin bars are AWESOME!!! So moist and quick and easy! I used gingersnaps which gave it a wonderful spicy bite to it. Definite keeper!! Thanks dayla ; )
A little dissappointed in this recipe b/c I thought it would be "bars" rather than cake with a bottom crust. They were pretty good, but not exactly what I was after.