Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are yummie autumn treats! Kids and grownups love them the same. Also good with whipped cream on top instead of the frosting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries, chopped and dried
Brown Butter Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine the 1st six ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs,pumpkin and butter.
- Stir wet into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spread mixture into a greased 15in x 10 in x 1 in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutess.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Brown butter frosting.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until golden brown (about 7 minutes) Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Spread over bars before cutting.