Recipe by BM17
This is a great fall recipe. I usually make it around October/November as a holiday treat. I get requests each year to make them for friends. I found it in a newstand magazine called "Cookies from the Heart" by Gold Medal/Betty Crocker.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or 1 cup chopped pecans
- chopped pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, and shortening in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and egg. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in pumpkin seeds.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in the center. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost cookies with Cinnamon Frosting. Sprinkle with additional chopped pumpkin seeds.
- Cinnamon Frosting: Mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable.