Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cooking Light 2005
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (such as Betty Crocker)
- 2⁄3 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; dust with flour.
- To prepare cake, place the egg substitute, granulated sugar, applesauce, and pumpkin in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for 1 minute. Add pie spice and cake mix, beating at high speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, place the cream cheese and vanilla in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating just until blended. (Do not overbeat.) Spread frosting evenly over top of cake.