Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I grew up making these...it's actually like a cake..really moist and easy to make! you need a large sheet cake pan to make.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup raisins (I use pecans..never tried the raisins) (optional)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk (more as needed)
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a greased and floured sheet cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Frosting: Mix ingredients together and spread on warm pumpkin bars.