Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in Christmas with Paula Deen. I'm not a pumpkin fanatic, but these are fabulous. The house smelled so good while they were baking I could barely wait for them to cool to get the frosting on so they were ready to eat.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, oil, and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in another bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture with the mixer at low speed.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter in an ungreased 13x9" baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread on the cooled pumpkin base and cut into bars.
- These freeze well (as if you're going to have any leftovers).