Recipe by Bec
I love pumpkin- pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, and everything that goes with it like Thanksgiving and all the family being together.
Top Review by julieriesselmantt
These are great! Very simple to make. I used 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce to lighten them up a bit. I also used low fat cream cheese in the frosting. They turned out very moist!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs and oil with electric mixture.
- Add the sugar; continue beating, add the pumpkin, beat until fluffy.
- Sift together the remaining dry ingredients, add to pumpkin mixture and continue beating until all is well blended.
- Pour into ungreased 15x10-inch cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely, then frost.
- For frosting, beat together frosting ingredients and spread on cooled cake.