Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 283.49 g package frozen peas
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 (453.59 g) can water chestnuts
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 (878.83 g) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 (226.79 g) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 354.88 ml mayonnaise
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 340.19 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 340.19 g bacon or 340.19 g Bacos bacon bits, crumbled
- Cook peas as package directs and drain.
- Remove seeds and finely dice green peppers.
- Thinly slice onion and water chestnuts.
- Pare and coarsely grate carrots.
- Drain pineapple and mushrooms.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with lettuce leaves.
- Layer vegetables and pineapple in dish.
- Combine frosting ingredients and spread evenly over the top.
- Cover dish and chill overnight.
- Before serving sprinkle grated cheese and bacon on top.
- Cut into squares.
Yummy and contains 6 veggies ! A nice alternative to boring tossed salad<br/><br/>Well done Lori !
A very delicious salad for company or a special occasion. Thanks for posting!