- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 lb bacon or 3⁄4 lb Bacos bacon bits, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas as package directs and drain.
- Remove seeds and finely dice green peppers.
- Thinly slice onion and water chestnuts.
- Pare and coarsely grate carrots.
- Drain pineapple and mushrooms.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with lettuce leaves.
- Layer vegetables and pineapple in dish.
- Combine frosting ingredients and spread evenly over the top.
- Cover dish and chill overnight.
- Before serving sprinkle grated cheese and bacon on top.
- Cut into squares.