Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
A recipe from The Ultimate Cookie Collection cookbook.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple aside.
- Set juice aside for frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Add pineapple and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325°F for 17-20 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with enough of reserved juice to achieve a smooth spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies.