Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
I got this out of a magazine years ago and have yet to make it.
Make and share this Frosted Pineapple Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tbsp juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Set juice aside for frosting.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, mix well.
- Add pineapple and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Drop by tsp 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Frosting -- Combine powdered sugar with just enough reserved juice to get a smooth spread.
- Frost cookies when cool.
I make these every Christmas. The only thing I do differently is to sprinkle a bit of coconut on top after icing.
I made these for Pick a Chef Fall 2005. I really liked the simplicity of the cookie recipe and the taste was really good too. I think next time I will put the frosting in a ziploc bag, cut off the corner, and then drizzle the icing over the cookies rather than frosting each one which was a bit tedious. Thanks for sharing :)
I've made this every christmas for about 20 years. It is simply wonderful and not and overly sweet cookie - very cakelike.